Much more about the Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital >>Every year, Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital at Penn State Hershey Medical Center is a destination for hope and healing for thousands of children and their families. As the only Level I pediatric trauma center between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we serve the most populous rural regions in the nation, with more than a million children in our referral area.
Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital is ranked in eight specialties in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015-16 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings. Rankings include cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, gastroenterology and GI surgery, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopaedics, pulmonology and urology. This marks the fifth consecutive year in which Penn State Hershey has been ranked in multiple specialties.
- Six-floor – five above ground and one ground floor – 263,000-square-foot building dedicated to family-centered care
- Theme: Learning and Healing through Nature
- 72 inpatient beds. Each room is private, with space for two family members to sleep overnight, a “family zone” with storage space and a full bathroom.
- 10 Child Life play areas
- A cafeteria called the Tree House Cafe that features counters at child-height and nutritious food options
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and a Pediatric Intermediate Care Unit
- Hematology/Oncology Outpatient Clinic and Infusion rooms
- Medical/Surgical wing
- Hematology/Oncology wing